•I have always had this issue where in, any kind of fragrance like mist, lotions, perfumes wouldn’t last that long on my body. You all know how it feels when you buy or are gifted an expensive perfume and the smell barely lasts. You start doubting the product. In spite of spraying continuously and may be finishing a good amount of perfume, the smell would fade away in an hour. So in order to make any kind of liquid fragrance last longer, try these tips. I have tried them all and believe me, they are wonderful. I am so loving these ideas and they have helped me a lot.
P.S – I have dry skin.
1. Do not store your fragrances in the bathroom.
Certain factors like heat, light and humidity will lessen the quality and it will break down the perfume. Store them in a cool, dry place like your wardrobe.
2. Apply Vaseline on your pulse points before spraying the perfume. (LOVE THIS ONE)
This tip is my favourite one. The ointment, which is occlusive will hold the fragrance to your skin than if it were to be sprayed on dry skin. And I have extremely dry skin. So this tip works wonders for me. Makes my skin smell amazing for so long.
3. Apply an unscented lotion before applying any fragrance.
Oily complexions retain fragrances longer, so if you have dry skin, use a moisturizer first to help lock in the scent.
4. Apply perfume/deodorant immediately after taking shower.
The moisture on your skin will help lock in the scent. This will also prevent the fragrance from staining delicate clothes or jewelry.
5. Do not rub your wrists after spraying perfume.
The top notes will disappear faster than intended if you rub your wrists and as a result the smell will not last for long.
6. Target pulse points and warm areas on your body when spraying perfume.
Certain warm areas on your body will help the scent to last longer. These are your – wrists, ears, collarbone, elbow and knees.
7. For a lighter scent, spray the fragrance in the air and slowly walk into the mist.
The spray will distribute evenly across your body and leave you with a hint of fragrance for occasions when you don’t want to smell as strong.
I hope these tips are as helpful to you as they were to me. Kindly share your tips or ideas if you have any. Would love to know them.