If your toddler resists brushing his/her teeth, or he hates brushing his teeth, well all I can say is ‘welcome to the club’. My son didn’t get his teeth until he was 10 months old. And all of a sudden, 2 teeth pop out. I remember it was immediately after our Iraq trip, he had caught viral cold and cough and his body temperature was up to 40 degree celsius. There’s an old saying that babies who are teething tend to fall ill before their teeth pop out. To what extent it is true, I can’t assure but to be honest, my son fell ill whenever he was had his teeth popping out.
However, now that he is 18 months old, I make sure to brush his teeth twice in a day. But those two times, I have to play so many games and tricks to make him brush. I used to think that may be he has some kind of pain in his gums due to the teething that he hates anything touching it. And may be it’s true. But I read an article online saying that most toddlers hate brushing.
I’m gonna share some tricks with you to help you clean your child’s teeth. It’s very important to clean those pearly whites as a lot of junk can get stuck in just two teeth.
WHY IT HAPPENS
The reason why this happens might be because your child doesn’t like anyone taking control over his mouth. At this stage, your child decides when he wants to sleep, what he wants to eat or wear. Similarly, your child wants to decide if he wants to brush or not.
WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT
1. At your next visit with your pediatrician, ask the doctor to explain why brushing is so important. Let your toddler know it from an expert, so that next time when your toddler zips his mouth, remind him of what the ‘expert’ said.
2. Involve your child. Let him choose his favorite brush or toothpaste with his favorite cartoon character and that may excite him to brush his teeth.
3. Instead of trying to force your way into his mouth, let him hold the brush and let him brush his teeth. I know it’ll be quite messy but a little practice and praise goes a long way. You can even let your child brush your teeth and then you can do his.
4. Make brushing lot of fun by singing songs together and diverting his mind from brushing.
I hope these tips help and in case you have any ideas that you implement with your child, please share 🙂
To be honest, I hardly have any high-end brand makeup. I’m more of a drugstore makeup person because in Kuwait (where I’m residing currently), makeup is really expensive. The price of drugstore products is THREE times of what it is in US or UK. Or may be even more at times. For eg : any foundation which is for $6 in US is for almost $18 in Kuwait. I definitely love to have a lot of makeup but I don’t find it worth spending on makeup. I believe that drugstore brand products happen to provide us with equally good results, just like high-end brand products. Everything has a dupe, isn’t it? And if it doesn’t have a dupe, then BUY IT. However, if that’s the scene with drugstore brands, I cannot even discuss the prices of high-end makeup products.
My favourite drugstore brands are Maybelline, NYX, Milani, Essence, Loreal, LA Girl, E.L.F and many more brands from which I like few products. These brands have almost all the products which any high-end brand has and they are efficient. If they are not same as high-end brands, a little bit difference is acceptable. For the price, they are fabulous. I recently shopped some makeup in the Black Friday sale which I didn’t require but I needed, haha! I kept myself pretty controlled during that time, as I had a long list of what I wanted. Hence, narrowed it down to just these few products. And let me tell you, these brands are the best drugstore brands. Here are the reviews :
2. E.L.F. LIP EXFOLIATION IN BROWN SUGAR – The winter was just killing my lips and I badly needed a lip scrub. So I gave this one a try and it is really good. The exfoliation beads are very mild for the lips and not harsh. Although little bigger beads would have been fine. It leaves the lips really soft and moisturised and tastes good. Haha ! You guys should give it a try.
4. E.L.F BLUSH PALETTE (LIGHT) – I am not a blush kinda person. Somehow blush seems a little odd for me. I own only one blush and that is Milani Luminoso Blush. This one had some good reviews therefore, I thought to grab it. And well, it’s really nice. It has some amazing shades that can work with any skin tone. It is pigmented and can be applied as eyeshadow too.
Real Techniques Sculpting Brush 1 ea“>5. REAL TECHNIQUES SCULPTING BRUSH – I love the Real Techniques brushes. They are so soft. And I think the trick behind flawless makeup is brushes. I wanted a brush for contouring. This brush is pretty good for giving that defined sculpted look. Its soft, blends the well and leaves no lines. You can buy it Real Techniques Sculpting Brush 1 ea“>here.